Melinda Peed, an elected official, is the Randolph County Clerk. 

Randolph County Courthouse

100 S Main St, Room 201

Winchester, IN 47394

Office Hours: 8am to 4pm Monday - Friday.


**Randolph County is a Vote Center County**

What this means for you...

   Registered voters can vote at any of our vote center locations

   You must present photo ID

For more information about vote centers, visit


We've heard your complaints about vote center locations and we want to make voting easy and as convenient as possible.


The County Clerk and The Randolph County Election Board has created two additional vote centers located within city limits for this and all future elections. It is important to us to ensure everyone gets a chance to vote.

BEAT THE LINES THIS SPRING!!!!! VOTE EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For more information about convenient, absentee and in-person voting, please see vote center page under the "Services" tab






Once you have received full payment of your judgment, you will be required to release the judgment. This is accomplished by filing a release of judgment with the clerk of the court.

Collecting the judgment is your responsibility. The length of time it will take to collect will depend upon both your diligence and the debtor’s ability to pay. Filing a Proceedings Supplemental is the first step. These forms are available in the Clerk’s Office.

As of July 1, 2017 the cost is $125.00 to file against one defendant and $10 for each additional defendant to file a Small Claim.

Protective orders are cost-free to anyone who is a victim of domestic or family violence, stalking or a sex offense.  Because this is a civil proceeding, the Prosecutor's Office is not involved in the issuance of such orders.  Rather, a person must go to Randolph County Clerk's office, where he or she will fill out the paperwork to be review and ruled on by a judge.

You can find the paperwork HERE. You will need to print and fill out a Petition (PO-0100) for yourself or a Petition on behalf of a Child (PO-0101) if filing on behalf of your child. You will also need to fill out a Confidential.

WHEN FILLING OUT THE PAPERWORK: You are the Petitioner and the person it's against is the Respondent. If you can answer #1 and #2 on the Petition you qualify for a Protective Order.

For the judge to approve a protective order, the petitioner must allege that the respondent has attempted to cause, threatened to cause or is causing physical harm to the petitioner, or that the respondent is actually placing the petitioner in fear of physical harm. If you have filed a police report regarding an incident that has happened it helps the court to make a ruling if you can obtain a copy of the police report that you filed.


You can mail your child support payment in the form of check or money order to Randolph County Clerk's Office, PO Box 230, Winchester IN 47394. Please write your cause number and "Child Support" on the memo line of you check or money order.

You may also come in to our office to make a payment in person. We will accept cash, check or money order.

If you would like to make a payment online you can visit the Child Support Bill Pay site to make a payment. Do NOT wait until the last minute! When making your first payment online, you may need to call or our office to make sure your information is in our computer properly. If we need to update your information (SSN, DOB, etc.) then it will take 24 hours to take effect and you will not be able to make your first payment that day.

YOU MUST HAVE YOUR CASE # IN ORDER TO MAKE A PAYMENT ONLINE! Call the Clerk's Office at 765-584-7407 to check on this information.

Only one garnishment can be applied at one time; garnishment orders are paid in the order that they are received by the employer.

Yes! (EXCEPT WHEN PAYING CHILD SUPPORT) There is a $3.95 or 3.95% charge to use this service when paying over the phone. You can also pay online by using the PayGOV System

YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CAUSE # to make sure that you're payment is applied to the correct case.

The Clerk's Office still accepts cash, money orders and cashier's checks. WE CANNOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS FOR ANY TYPE OF CASE.


If you need to pay your child support online use the State of Indiana Child Support Payment Service.


Name / Title Phone #
Melinda Peed
Randolph Circuit Court Clerk
Tammy Pegg
Chief Deputy Superior Court Clerk
Heidi Van Note
Deputy Clerk
Cindy Cox
Circuit Court Clerk
Debra Harris
Superior Court Clerk
Toni Doss
Chief Deputy Clerk
Amy Rogers
Deputy Clerk
Shelly Kinney
Research Staff

Did you know?

  • The Clerk's Office is now accepting credit/debit cards (EXCEPT WHEN PAYING CHILD SUPPORT)? There is a $3.00 (up to $100) or 3% charge to use this service in the Clerk's Office or $3.95 (up to $100) or 3.95% charge if paying over the phone. You can also pay online at PayGOV.US (fee of $3.95 up to $100 or 3.95% charge will apply).  YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CAUSE # to make sure that you're payment is applied to the correct case.

    The Clerk's Office still accepts cash, money orders, cashier's checks and checks (Note: You cannot use a check for criminal payments i.e. fines/costs).

    YOU CANNOT PAY CHILD SUPPORT AT THIS WEB ADDRESS AND WE CANNOT ACCEPT DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS IN THE OFFICE AT THIS TIME FOR CHILD SUPPORT. If you need to pay your child support online you can go to the State of Indiana Child Support Bill Pay site.

  • All Randolph County registered voters may vote at any Vote Center in Randolph County. The new VOTE CENTERS are replacing the former voting polling places (the place that you used to vote). As long as you are a REGISTERED VOTER from RANDOLPH COUNTY, you may choose any of the VOTE CENTERS from the list. PHOTO ID IS STILL REQUIRED WHEN YOU GO TO VOTE.

    Click here to see the locations and hours