Commissioners Meetings are open to the public. Refer to the County Calendar for the next scheduled meeting.
The Randolph County Council is a seven member council with the ultimate decision-making power regarding fiscal affairs. The council has the authority to view or review fiscal matters, determine proper policy, and set priorities for the allocation and expenditure of county funds.responsible for overseeing the county budget.
Current County Council members include Ricky Brown, Thomas Kerns, Gary Friend, Max Holaday, David Lenkensdofer, Ted Martin and Bob McCoy.
The council powers include:
- Reviewing & fixing the annual operating budgets of all county government offices and agencies.
- Establishing salaries, wages, per diems, and other compensation for all county officials and employees.
- Fixing tax rates and establishing levies on all county property for the purpose of raising funds to meet budget requirements in conducting county business as well as authorizing the borrowing of money in the form of bonds and notes.
- Appropriating public funds, i.e. authorizing the expenditure of county money by particular officials or departments for specific purposes.
- Authorizing certain purchases of sales of county owned land.
- Non-binding review of budgets for certain non-elected boards in the county and other civil units.
The council meets monthly in the Commissioner's room on the 3rd floor of the Randolph County Courthouse.
Council Meetings are open to the public. Refer to the County Calendar for the next scheduled meeting. You can review agendas for upcoming meetings and the minutes from prior meetings.