What is a Third Party Notice of Claim for a small claims case?

If you are the Defendant and you believe that another person who is not a party to the suit may be responsible to you for all or part of the Plaintiff’s claim, before the trial you may file a third-party notice of claim against the person. To do this you should request a notice of claim form from the Clerk and fill it out naming the person whom you believe responsible as the “Third Party Defendant” and explain on the form why you believe this person should be responsible to you for the Plaintiff’s claim. Adding a Third Party Defendant costs $10.00 per defendant.

Department or Board / Council / Commission: