Why would someone file a counterclaim to a Small Claim?

If you are the Defendant and have received notice that you have been sued in Small claims Court and you believe that you have any claim against the Plaintiff, you may file a counterclaim against the Plaintiff. An Answer/Counterclaim form is available in the Clerk’s Office.

Department or Board / Council / Commission: