Ladies and Gentlemen of Randolph County, effective at 10am on Friday, March 27, 2020 in accordance of the Commissioner's Ordinance 2020-07, the Randolph County Assessor's Office is CLOSED to Public Access.
We will however, be coming in daily to review emails, mail and vice mail. Any request for information will be processed as soon possible.
As this is a fluid process, any operational status could change any given day. If you have any questions, please call 765-584-2907 or send an email to email@example.com and I will respond as soon as possible.
- Those individuals who normally come into the office to perform searches on sales within the county, can do so by accessing teh DLGF website at http://gatewaysdf.ifionline.org/Search.aspx or they may call our office anrequest up to 10 Sales Disclosures. We will do the search and then email and or mail them to you. Any question regarding this process can be addressed at 765-584-2427.
- Personal Property Filings for Business and or AG: The filing of Business or AG Personal Property begins the first working day of each year and runs through May 15. During this current pandemic crisis, that will not change. The Assessor's Office however, will no longer accept walk-in submission. If it is possible, you can mail or email the form as long as it is signed and dated. All mail must be postmarked by the mandatory May 15 deadline. You can however, if you wish, call the office, answer a few questions with teh staff and then have a completed copy mailed to you for signature. Will will accept either a scanned email, mailed or faxed return. All late fees are subject to a case by case basis however, no extentions will be granted.
- Processing of transfers will be, again, as normal except they can not be walked in. You will have to stop by the Recorders Office and follow the modified procedure, until further notice.
- Appeals: As stated on the Alert Page, all Appeals will be processed as usual with the timeline to submit the appeal subject to the State rules of June 15, 2020 with the exception of walk-ins. If you requrei a form, you may get the form by going to the forms page or you can call and have one emailed and or mailed. We will accept the email either by mail or email, as long as it is signed and complete. If it is incomplete, it will be returned with directions on how to fix the issue. The timeline however, does not change. A completed appeal must be received by or postmarked by June 15, 2020. No metered Mail will be accepted.
- Application for Exemptions: Normally any applicaiton for a Tax Exemption, albeit Personal or Real Property, is normally deadlined on 1 April. In accordance with the current situation and the Governor's Executive Order 20-12, that date has been extended until 30 June, 2020.