A County/Township Income Tax is collected by employers (or paid directly by self employed individuals) to the State of Indiana. The current Randolph County income tax rate is 2.25%.
These taxes are received monthly from the State and are distributed to the cities, towns, and county units. They are referred to as:
- CAGIT (County Adjusted Gross Income Tax) 1%
- Redistributed by the Auditor to the taxing units within the county on a monthly basis.
- Regular CEDIT (County Economic Development Income Tax) 0.25% (Used for economic development)
- For those taxing units with an edit plan in place, these funds are redistributed by the Auditor on a monthly basis . For taxing units without an edit plan in place, the funds are invested by the treasurer for that unit until an edit plan is established.
- Special CEDIT - Regular (County Economic Development Income Tax) 0.25% (Used for courthouse and Randolph Center for Family Opportunity Building renovations).
- Public Safety LOIT and Property Tax Replacement Credit (Local Option Income Tax) adopted by Ordinance September 25, 2014. Rate is 0.75%
- 2016 all LOIT (Local Option Income Taxes) are now referred to as (LIT) Local Income Tax.