Child Support


Child support is often required in the case of divorce (dissolution of marriage) as well as in the case of a child born out of wedlock (paternity cases).

Indiana Code Title 31 places a duty for child support upon parents based upon their financial resources and needs, the standard of living the child would have enjoyed had the marriage not been dissolved or had the separation not been ordered, the physical or mental condition of the child, and the child's educational needs.

The state of Indiana has provided the following Child Support Rules & Guidelines.
Call 1-844-836-0003 Monday-Friday, 12-5:00 p.m. to get help from a licensed attorney on parenting time guidelines and information on visitation. This is a FREE service and open to everyone.
Obtaining child support or modifying an existing child support order can be complicated.  
Contact the Clerk's Office for the required paperwork to modify an existing order, then contact the Child Support division of the Prosecutor's Office.  Note that if you move, you must notify both the Clerk's office and the State of Indiana Department of Child Services by calling KIDSLINE at 1-800-840-8757.