Do I need any permits for a storage shed?

An ILP (Improvement Location Permit) is required ANY time you add square footage to your property in the form of a new home, manufactured home, home addition, any detached structure, pool, patio, pond or deck.

An ILP is required for all storage sheds and appropriate setbacks for must be met. No matter what kind of foundation your shed has, or if it is built on-site or pre-built, you will need a location permit to determine the setbacks on your property. If your shed is movable, unless it is moving from your location within 6 months, you still must have an ILP. If you have any doubts or questions, please contact the office at 765-584-8610 before you purchase a shed.

Department or Board / Council / Commission: 
Area Planning & Zoning