How can I start using the Prosecutor's Office to get my child support?

Any custodial parent who is receiving TANF benefits (formerly AFDC payments) from the State of Indiana has assigned their child support rights to the State of Indiana, and must cooperate in trying to establish, enforce or modify a child support order for their children. The child support payments in these cases reimburses the State for benefits received by the children. The parent will receive letters and notifications from the child support division concerning their case, and may have to make an appointment to discuss their case. When the custodial parent is no longer receiving TANF benefits, the child support amount for current child support will be directed to him/her.

Department or Board / Council / Commission: