The non-custodial parent of my child(ren) works for cash and has never paid child support. How do I get him to pay?

It is difficult to track down and enforce against such an irresponsible parent. However, it is not impossible. We use all means possible to get that person into court on a contempt citation. The courts can punish a payor for contempt in various ways, including incarceration. When punishments are ordered, we often see the payor change his attitude. They may even start taking a greater interest in their child(ren) when they accept the responsibility for assisting with their support.

Department or Board / Council / Commission: