The 2021 Randolph County Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals (PTABOA) schedule has been set for October 6, 2021. The PTABOA will begin at 9:30am and end at 3:30pm
This year agenda will consist of:
- Exemption applications filed on or before April 1
- Real Estate Assessment Appeals
All attendees will be notified by mail with instructions to appear before the PTABOA. These instructions will include date, time and location of the hearing. All attendees, having been notified by phone and letter, shall attend at their appointed time with any and all information to be considered as evidence. Failure to appear will result in the PTABOA making a determination without petitioner input.
Reasons for appeal that WILL NOT be accepted as evidence:
- Taxes: Taxes are NOT a reason to appeal to the PTABOA albeit to high, fixed income and can not pay, etc.
- Heresy: Only factual evidence of incorrect evaluation, with proof, will be accepted
- Claims for value reduction due to alternative energy, confined animal operations, or similar types will not be accepted unless accompanied with evidence that proves the value of your property has been reduced in Randolph County due to these outside entities.
All PTABOA hearings, unless specified, are open to the public. The public gallery however, shall not make any comment, interject any opinion or otherwise disrupt the hearings. Only those who are identified as Petitioners and their witness' as well as the County Respondent and their witness' and or advisors have right of comment.
If an appeal is to have its value based on income, the PTABOA may determine the evidence "Confidential" and if this happens, they may adjourn the hearing until a later date or take a recess until the gallery is vacated and then continue with the appeal. Either way, any "Confidential" hearing will NOT be witnessed by the public.
All petitioners will have their cases heard and a decision will be provided the petitioner in written form, NLT than ten working days following the hearing.
Any questions referencing this notice can be addressed to the County Assessor at 765-584-2907
This Notice will run in the Winchester News-Gazette and this Website no later than ten days prior to meeting date.